Monday, November 21, 2011

Vegan tutti frutti smoothie

Breakfast: Vegan tutti frutti smoothie

Lunch: Veggies patties with Moroccan cous cous

Dinner: Veganomicon black bean and veggies soup with garlic bread


You might recall that 2 weeks ago I was excited to find a way to include heinous carrot juice into my diet without making me retch. Well, now I've gone one better; I've found a smoothie recipe that includes carrot juice AND beet juice AND is totally nommable!

Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't lie to you. This smoothie is so drinkable it's crazy. The raspberries help to cover up any of the less palatable tastes and the whole thing comes out looking like you've blended up a bunch of tutti frutti sweets - and tastes like it too!

You'll need:
(Feeds 2)
1/2 cup carrot juice
1/2 cup beet juice
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 banana
1 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup raspberries
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp ground flax

Method:
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy

You should put heaps of ground flax into this. In fact, you should put heaps of ground flax into everything. Flax has an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids that can be difficult for vegans to get, as well as fibre, and you can't even tell that ground flax is in most meals. Just used to throwing a tablespoon into smoothies, sauces and soups and your brain, heart and bones will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment