Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rocket (arugula) pesto

Breakfast: Scrambled tofu

Lunch: Seven grain and Tuscan bean salads with rocket pesto

Dinner: A delicious bean burrito from Quesada!


Today someone asked me where I get my inspiration for these recipes from, and I had to admit that one of the main sources of inspiration was whatever foods were going off in the fridge or which foods were on sale at the grocery store that week!

In that spirit, this pesto was knocked up because I'd bought some rocket (or arugula, if you're North American) on Sunday and it getting very close to being dead last night. I am always loathe to throw away food so a lot of meals get based around what's going off. Sometimes it works really well!

You'll need
(Makes a small tub)
4 handfuls rocket (arugula)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup toasted almonds
1 1/2 tbsp parmesan

Method:
Blend everything together, adding oil until it reaches your desired consistency

This is great as a pasta sauce or as a dip. In fact, keep hold of your pesto (if you can stop yourself from nomming it all at once) and tomorrow I'll post a wicked 15 minute dinner recipe to make with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment