Sunday, September 25, 2011

Apple hummus

Breakfast: Kasha and avocado

Lunch: A sandwich and muffin from the fabulous Urban Herbivore

Dinner: Apple hummus and crackers followed by pasta and tomato-red wine sauce


I was wandering around Kensington Market on Saturday, taking in all the amazing food choices (especially for vegans!) and decided to make red pepper hummus when I got home. Then it struck me that that was the predictable choice, and I got the idea to instead go a new and exciting hummus route.

I took a little gamble on this one, but I really like it! It goes great with crackers as a bit of a nibble starter, and obviously goes nicely with some slices of apple too. There's a lot to be said for taking the weird route sometimes.

You'll need
1 500ml can chickpeas
2 small, sweet apples, peeled and chopped
3 tbsp tahini
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 - 1/2 cup water

Method:
Blend everything together in a blender until you reach the desired consistency. Add more water if you need to.
Enjoy with crackers or on a sandwich, or just with bread!

Stay tuned for peach hummus and ice cream hummus in the next few weeks*.

*Of course, I'm kidding. It will be hummus ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment