Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Strawberry and granola smoothie

Breakfast: Strawberry and granola smoothie

Lunch: Roasted veggies panini with salad

Dinner: Tofu and broccoli stir fry with rice and steamed greens


When I first moved to Toronto I worked at a smoothie store (let's call it Smoothie World) and though there were many things making the job not exactly fantastic, I had great workmates, great customers (for the most part) and I got to drink free smoothies all day long.

When I was trying to decide yesterday whether to have a smoothie or some granola, I remembered the Breakfast Smoothie we used to make then and realised I didn't have to decide! Putting granola straight into your smoothie gives it weight, texture and a lot of energy. Plus it sweetens it, so there's no need for honey, making this 100% vegan!

You'll need:
(Feeds 1)
1/2 a banana
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup almond milk
1 cup Flax Plus granola (or other granola of your choice; make sure its vegan if you are!)
Method:
Put everything together in a blender and blend!
There's a lovely sweetness to this that plays off against the slight tart taste of the blueberries, making it the perfect morning kick to get you going. If you're into supplements, smoothies can be a great way to take them; just throw them into the mix and drink it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment